top of page
Housing & Disability Panel

Housing and Disability Panel (HDP)

  • Are you living in an Islington Council Property?

  • Are you interested in Disability issues and want to improve Disabled people's lives?

  • Would you like to be at the forefront of decision making?

  • Do you want to shape a better future of Housing in Islington?


Who can be a member of the Housing Disability Panel?

Who can be a Member?
The HDP works with groups of Tenants, Residents and Leaseholders in all geographical areas of Islington.
Panel Membership is open to:
  • People living in Islington Council Owned Property.
  • Anyone with experience of Disability (either their own, or as a parent/carer)
  • Anyone who is interested in making Islington Housing better!
Borough of Islington map

Who does the Panel work with?

Islington Council Logo

Islington Council

We are Reference Group for Islington Council.​ They are often invited as guests to our meetings, and will feedback any suggestions to their relevant teams. We comment on their specific policies and procedures and their impact on disabled tenants and leaseholders

Some teams we may invite:

  • Repairs Team

  • Anti Social Behaviour Team

  • Access Teams

  • And much more!

A report is produced for Islington Housing Service at the end of this three month cycle and made available to all stakeholders. 


Voluntary & Community sector Services

We understand a lot of tenants often use other organisations. We may bring other organisations into our meetings as part of discussions.

Family member reading to a child

Local Disabled Residents, Families & their Support Networks

As well as helping our panel members and their communities, we ensure we are working with other housing networks.

Such as:

  • Housing Associations

  • Housing Unions

  • Local Housing Networks

Image by Arthur Eyre

Housing Associations

We primarily work with Islington Council house residents.

Though sometimes there can be an overlap, with our panel members often being consulted on new buildings in the borough.

How can I apply?

Joining us is easy! We have a simple form that you can fill out.

You can either fill out the form by downloading it below. Or, you can Contact Us to request a printed and/or large format version or to do so over the phone.

Once you have completed the form, please send it to us via Post or Email.
(contact details below) We will then get back to you as soon as we can.


bottom of page